when day comes :: DAYDREAMING

Sunday, May 26, 2013

DAYDREAMING




























Have you ever had those days where you feel like everything is absolutely perfect? Where it seems like nothing could get any better, and nothing can be any different, and all you can do is daydream and feel completely serene? It doesn't really happen as often as it used to, but I have those days.

This day [about a month ago actually], has been one of the best days I've had in a while. My dad woke me up, told me he rented a car, and that we were going on a road trip. At the time, I was feeling somewhat ill, but I went anyway. First, we went to Storm King, which is literally the best "museum" ever. It's a outdoor art center, and it's 500 acres, and you can ride bikes, and you can walk, and there's sculptures, and there's other sculptures that you can bang a mallet on, and there's art. there's art everywhere.

Then, we went to Dia:Beacon. (And just to be clear, I love museums. Museums are fun, okay). The photos [above] were from when we went there. My favorite exhibits are the ones in the basement; it's dark and eerie and you can take so many fantastic pictures down there, it's crazy. You're not really supposed to take pictures, but our family doesn't exactly follow museum rules anyway, so it's ey-okay.

Let's just state this as a fact: good days, are the best days (or at least for me). Going through my first couple teenage years (what.), has been, to some extent, difficult, because it's new. There's so much drama, and problems, and constant running around to get everything done right, there's just too much spinning through my head. Days like this, where there's no thinking, no worrying, no deep sighs (unless in contentment), are the ones that are most satisfying. I crave these days; they are hard to come by.